Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Playing the Meme of Four

Okay, boys and girls. This is a game I found here. Time to get some group participation going. It's called the Meme of Four. Give it a shot. Maybe we'll get to know each other a little better. Oh, one thing. Being that this is a movie related blog, I've added some questions not in the original list to the bunch. They're at the tail end.

Four jobs you've had:

  1. Record store clerk

  2. Night watchman

  3. Comic book artist

  4. Assistant director, film

Four movies you could watch over and over: (It's actually painful for me to have to stop at four here, but dem's da rules.)

  1. The Great Escape

  2. Seven Samurai

  3. Night of the Living Dead (only the original, of course)

  4. Blade Runner

Four places you’ve lived:

  1. Great Yarmouth, England

  2. Dubai, U.A.E.

  3. Singapore

  4. Houston, Texas

Four TV shows you love to watch: (I don't really love to watch TV at all, but I have some favorites, and there's nothing here that insists they be currently-running shows. Again, too many "honorable mentions" to list here.)

  1. Black Adder

  2. Monty Python's Flying Circus

  3. The Young Ones

  4. The Prisoner

Four places you’ve been on vacation:

  1. London

  2. Hong Kong

  3. Tokyo

  4. Honolulu

Four blogs you visit daily:

  1. Pharyngula

  2. The Whatever

  3. Media Matters for America

  4. The Panda's Thumb

Four of your favorite foods:

  1. Thai

  2. Chinese

  3. A burger I make myself, with sliced habaneros. Yes, you read that right.

  4. A good old fashioned barbequed sirloin steak, with lots of veggies.

Four places you’d rather be:

  1. Strolling through the British Museum...

  2. ...or the National Gallery of Art in DC

  3. On set directing

  4. Curled up snugly in bed, with either (depending on mood) a good book or a brunette

Four albums you can’t live without:

  1. Brilliant Trees by David Sylvian

  2. A Love Supreme by John Coltrane

  3. Wind & Wuthering by Genesis

  4. Skylarking by XTC

Four vehicles you’ve owned:

  1. 1982 grey-and-black Toyota Corolla (my first)

  2. 1980 blue Buick LeSabre (hand-me-down from the folks)

  3. 1993 white Toyota Celica (my favorite, still missed)

  4. 1993 teal Ford Explorer (sturdy, but not long for this world)

Now here are the extras I've made up, for movie buffs and pros. Fittingly, there are four.

Four movies you love that your significant other hates: (As I'm single I get to bow out of this one for now, but I'm dying to see what other folks say. When I was married, it seemed my wife hated anything I liked and herself liked total shit. One of many, many, many reasons it was a short marriage.)

Four hugely popular movies that you don't like:

  1. Forrest Gump

  2. E.T. (I fucking hate this!)

  3. Jurassic Park

  4. My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Ignore if not applicable — Four video games that rocked your planet:

  1. Deus Ex

  2. Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams

  3. Shenmue

  4. Resident Evil: Code Veronica

For industry pros, mainly — Four actors you'd do anything, short of murder, to work with:

  1. Robert de Niro

  2. Daniel Day-Lewis

  3. Patrick McGoohan

  4. Jenna Jameson (wink!)

Your turn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed "Skylarking" is an exceptionally good album. 1986 offered quite a lot by way of high quality Pommy music. I rather like "The Great Escape" too ... no matter how often I watch it, I always anticipate the possibility that Steve McQueen will successfully get that Triumph over the barbed wire.

Cat Blackard said...

Four Jobs You’ve Had

1. Sam Goody Sales Associate
2. 1337 (High School Operated Film Production Team)
3. N/A
4. N/A

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over
(I always hate making lists of films because there are so many but here are some top ones, and Bladerunner would be there too but you said it already)

1. True Stories
2. Toys
3. The Royal Tenenbaums
4. Brazil

Four Places You’ve Lived

1. Fort Lauderdale, FL
2. Orlando, FL
3. N/A
4. N/A

Four TV Shows You Love to Watch
(I have no special love for TV but I do have love for a lot of special shows, here are but four at random)

1. The Adventures of Pete & Pete
2. Batman the Animated Series
3. Tom Goes to the Mayor
4. Red Dwarf

Four Places You’ve Been on Vacation

1. Arlington, VA
2. New York, NY
3. Williamsburg, VA
4. Charlottesville, VA

Four Blogs You Visit Daily
(Don't visit any, but I check up on stuff from time to time at there places)

1. The Best Page in the Universe
(http://maddox.xmission.com/)
2. TV Shows on DVD
(http://tvshowsondvd.com)
3. Chris Allen-TMNT Adventures Artist
(http://www.ak-studios.com/chris.html)
4. This one, now

Four of Your Favorite Foods

1. Pizza (with as many toppings as humanly possible, no olives)
2. Various combinaytions of sushi rice, uncooked fish, and other stuff
3. Fully loaded omlettes
4. Awesome pancakes

Four Places You’d Rather Be

1. Fort Lauderdale
2. New York
3. Europe
4. Canada

Four Albums You Can’t Live Without
(this is the same scene as movies these four are amongst the highest ranking.)

1. Hounds of Love - Kate Bush
2. God Shuffled His Feet - Crash Test Dummies
3. The Division Bell - Pink Floyd
4. Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads

Four Vehicles You’ve Owned

No driver's lisence, never learned how to ride a bike, my feet are all I've ever had.

Four movies you love that your significant other hates:

Here's a shocker, we agree on almost everything.

Four hugely popular movies that you don't like:

1. Star Wars Episode I

2. Star Wars Episode II

3. Star Wars Episode III

4. Ugh, I don't want to think about it anymore


Four video games that rocked your planet:

1. Earthbound (SNES)

2. Silent Hill (PSX)

3. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

4. Resident Evil 4 (Game Cube)


Four actors you'd do anything, short of murder, to work with:

1. Gary Oldman

2. Michelle Pfeiffer

3. David Bowie

4. Maggie Gyllenhaal